Elementary: 3 months courses
Elementary: 3 months courses
This immersive 3-month course gives students hands-on experience with our block coding based robot, Sphero and a chance to apply learned coding concepts in other programs such as Minecraft! Students will make new friends, develop new skills, and think of original solutions to problems. The course includes 6 lessons where students learn programming fundamentals and operate their robot to navigate obstacles and create pictures. Students will transfer this knowledge into Minecraft and explore the limits of their imagination! Beginner English learners and novice programmers are encouraged to join.
*Recommended age. If you have a request regarding your child’s age, GGIS we may be able to accommodate your request depending on your child’s skills or English level.
[Date & Time]
- January 8th , 2022 13:00-15:00
- January 22nd, 2022 13:00-15:00
- February 12th, 2022 13:00-15:00
- February 26th, 2022 13:00-15:00
- March 12th, 2022 13:00-15:00
- March 26th, 2022 13:00-15:00
We may be able to accept students after the deadline, but acceptance is not guaranteed. Please contact us before applying or paying the fee.
GGIS Annex Campus
Miwa Building 3F 1 Chome-8-20, Hiratsuka, Shinagawa City.
Beginner – Intermediate *There will be language (Japanese/English) support if necessary
66,000 yen / Course (6 lessons)
*22000 yen / month for joining late.
January 8th & 22nd
|Learn basic principles of programming with Sphero. Use Sphero to play games and make art!|
February 12th & 26th
|Create a program using code blocks! Students will learn sequences and loops with Sphero.|
March 12th & 26th
|Let’s apply our knowledge using Minecraft! We will use a code block program within Minecraft to demonstrate our understanding of programming fundamentals.|
*Monthly activities may change without notice.
- The event language is in English with Japanese support. If you have concerns about your child’s English level, please feel free to contact us before submitting this form. firstname.lastname@example.org
- In case of siblings participating, please register and apply for each child separately.
- GGIS event and classroom photos will be posted on related websites such as school blogs and
- Parents may not stay to watch the lesson to help us keep the number of participants small and minimize distraction.
- Extension: There is a window of pickup time for your child. Please make sure to be on there by the time. 2000 yen extension fee per 30 minutes will be charged if you do not pick-up your child by the appointed time.
- After submitting this form, cancellations or changes cannot be made to your application. Please make sure to contact us with any questions or concerns beforehand.
Once you have paid your participation fee, it cannot be refunded.
- Guest students will receive an invoice after your application is accepted. GGIS students will be charged on the following month’s invoice.
- There are no substitutions for 3-month courses.
- The event may be cancelled if the minimum number of attendees (6 students) is not met.
- Please read the following document “COVID-19: School Life” and agree.
- I have read and agree to the ContractT&C_2021_AfterSchool. The terms and condition in the document will be applied for matters not stated for this specific event.